Friday, February 17, 2012

New Lord of the Rings Releases

    As you all well know, Games Workshop recently released new Lord of the Rings models and sourcebooks. If you haven't seen them, there up on the GW website. games-workshop.com/gws/catalog

Warg Marauder
Great Beast of Gorgoroth
 
Anyway, I ordered all the new sourcebooks, which arrived earlier today. I must say, they are fantastic. A basic sum up of each book would be;

                            Introduction to new rules
                            Scenarios (some of them are new and others are older ones with updates)
                            Unit stats
                            Scenarios from the movie and books
                            Army stat sheet

    Here's a photo of the books that arrived earlier today


   Just looking through them and I'm really pleased with the Moria and Angmar book. Moria players now have some great new editions to there army list such as the new Watcher in the Water. This enormous krakenlike beast has a stunning six attacks. At 250 points, I would say that's not looking to shabby. With his ranged tentacle attack he not an enemy to take lightly.
 
    And with the dragon (Yes, I know he's not new) Moria doesn't look to sad after all. I originally started my Moria force mainly for increasing my hobby skill to later apply on my army of choice, but now, I think I'm going to stick with Moria for a bit longer and paint up some monsters.

-Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment